Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Voices




by Zaneta Kennedy
 
Put on a simulated smile,
and stretch it wide.
For no one can know
how we feel inside.
 
Like Queens of the Stoneage,
“no one knows”
the agony we face.
Each day our pain grows.
 
But I know
I really do.
Is anyone closer
than me and you?

 
Now we’re before the public eye,
so stroll a sultry walk.
Do not blow it for me, for us;
speak your educated talk.
 
I would not fail you now,
so listen clear;
just say “I’m fine,”
and smile, my dear.
 
No doleful looks
of depression, no cries.
As pain dies down,
as the sadness subsides.
 
Let the numbness set in,
all feelings abate;
show no sign of weakness,
for we are great.
 
Greater than the rest;
one of a kind.
However, they will tell you
I only resound in your mind.
 
They say I’m unreal;
I’m just pretend.
Yet who will be with you
to the very end?
 
So, put on a simulated smile,
and stretch it wide.
For no one can know
how we feel inside.

0 comments:

Post a Comment