Thursday, January 29, 2015

Words Are Amazing

by Kimberly Kovacich

Words are amazing. Not only do they allow us to express ourselves, but can incite beautiful emotions or ignite our imaginations and take us to places we had never dreamed possible. They allow us to inspire, teach, encourage, and convey thoughts and experiences. There are a plethora of ways to say things. One might choose to say, "I love my life," but another could opt for, "With every breath, my heart is filled with gratitude in the recognition and appreciation of my very existence."

To put it simply, I love words. A self-proclaimed nerd, I used to actually spend hours reading the dictionary. In the many years of becoming versed in the English language, I have found many quotations which speak to me. Jordan Bates shares my beliefs. He states, "A great quotation, for me, can be a bite size chunk of wisdom, the breeze of an unknown wind, a glimpse into a mind of a genius, or an idea-seed that will prompt me to grow and re-invent myself and my view of the world." 

We give others the opportunity to know us through our conversations. I am grateful for the vast amount of words which we have at our disposal. Words, in the form of quotations, can give us invitations into the minds of others and challenge us to question our beliefs and broaden our horizons. I hope the following might do just that for you:

"You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to." ~Toby Mac~

"Instead of thinking outside the box, get rid of the box." ~Deepak Chopra~

"Genius might be the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way." ~Charles Bulowski~

"Isn't it the moment of most profound doubt that gives birth to new certainties? Perhaps hopelessness is the very soil that nourishes human hope; perhaps one could never find sense in life without first experiencing its absurdity." ~Vaclav Havel

"Excellence is a better teacher than mediocrity. The lessons of the ordinary are everywhere. Truly profound and original insights are to be found only in studying the exemplary." ~Warren Bennis~

"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." ~Gerald O'Driscoll~

"Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you, but not in one ahead." ~Bill McGlashen~

"Courage, dear heart" ~C.S. Lewis

Try not to take things personally. What people say about you is a reflection of them, not you." ~www.LiveLifeHappy.com~

The world will knock you down plenty. You don't need to be doing it to yourself." ~Elizabeth Scott~

"word after a word after a word is power" ~Margaret Atwood~

I hope you have received some source of power within yourself from these words of wisdom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment